Sunday, October 13, 2013

White-Marked Tussock Moth Caterpillar Spits a Wild Grape - Really Far!



Talk about a "random act of Nature" - I ran across this White-marked Tussock Moth Caterpillar, one of the more bizarre-looking ones there is and as I started filming it spit a wild grape out with the utmost disdain. I'm sure the almost wild "raisin" was pretty bitter, but who would suspect they would be such picky eaters - and be able to propel a sour wild grape so far. I'm pretty sure this is the documented distance record for caterpillar grape spitting - If anyone has a contender bring it on. This was a fascinating caterpillar and I will include some more footage of this bizarre creature in another blog post.

More HD videos every week. Please Subscribe at: 

White-Marked Tussock Moth Caterpillar spits a grape


White-Marked Tussock Moth Caterpillar


White-Marked Tussock Moth Caterpillar
The White-marked Tussock Moth Caterpillar sharp needle like spines mean - don't touch me!

No comments:

Post a Comment