Sunday, January 5, 2014

Bear's Head Tooth Mushroom - Magic Fungi



The Bear's Head Tooth Mushroom (Hericium americanum) - A Magic Mushroom if ever there was one.  When I came upon this large specimen on a hike in the Great Smoky Mountains last August it stopped me in my tracks - I had never seen such an amazing mushroom. This is arguably the most stunning fungi one is likely to encounter and it is highly prized for recipes and medicinal properties. It is also one of the least likely mushrooms to be mistakenly identified as it is so unique. This specimen is at or near peak condition and of course I left it for others to enjoy!  The closely related Comb Tooth Mushroom can be seen at:   http://youtu.be/-LN21l6F6xY

New HD videos every week. Please Subscribe at: 


Bear's Head Tooth Mushroom



Bear's Head Tooth Mushroom and Comb Tooth Mushroom Comparison

Bear's Head Tooth Mushroom and Comb Tooth Mushroom Comparison

No comments:

Post a Comment