Sunday, December 8, 2013

Blue Jay Trains Human To Hand Feed It A Peanut !



Hand Feeding a Blue Jay


The narrative on the video tells the story. I trained a Blue Jay to eat peanuts from my hand - not just any peanuts, but healthy roasted and unsalted ones that I should be eating myself. Of course it's always nice to gain the trust of a wild animal, it is good for their survival that they have a natural wariness. But then it occurred to me that I was the one that had been "trained" to give the Jay a tasty peanut - and on its conditions. I'm not falling for that anymore, it has to come to me! We'll see who wins this battle of willpower? These are huge Blue Jays, it just may be that the Jay is too big to land on my hand and bend and easily get a peanut.

More HD videos every week. Please Subscribe at:
http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=MyBackyardBirding

No comments:

Post a Comment