Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Rose-Breasted Grosbeak Female


Female Rose-Breasted Grosbeaks look like gigantic finches with huge, powerful beaks that can easily crack sunflower seeds and eat them as fast as squirrels as you'll see in this clip. I was excited to get this footage because I have only ever captured fleeting glimpses of the male bird and never the female. The high terrain of the southern Appalachians is at the extreme southern end of their breeding range. This bird was rather tolerant of me being so close. I have heard their beautiful singing before, but never captured it on film.


✷AMAZON - my Backyard shop with products I've bought, use and recommend for making videos, photos and enjoying Nature!

New HD videos uploaded frequently. Subscribe at:

Rose-Breasted Grosbeak Female


No comments:

Post a Comment